The Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies (JAEE) provides an authoritative overview of accounting research and progress in emerging economies.
The journal publishes empirical research papers which are based on diverse methodological and theoretical approaches and which highlight the policy and practical implications of the research. Reviews of current debates will also be considered for inclusion.
- Education, training, and the role of professional accounting bodies.
- Financial reporting and accounting standards.
- Corporate governance.
- Management accounting issues.
- The impact of structural adjustment programmes and international financial agencies on accounting practices.
- Accounting, regulation, and privatization.
- Accounting and accountability issues in the public sector, NGOs, multinational corporations.
- Accounting practices in family businesses.
- The impact of culture, ethnicity, and history on accounting.
- The role of accounting in socio-economic development and poverty reduction.
- Theoretical approaches to accounting.
- This is the only journal focusing specifically on accounting research in emerging economies.
- This journal encourages research in accounting and economic development making it attractive to development policy makers.
- The journal has a broad coverage.
Key Journal Audience
- Higher education sector
- International financial institutions
- Governments and public sector institutions in emerging economies
- Consultants working in emerging economies
- Managers of private sector organisations in emerging economies
JAEE is ranked in:
- ABS (UK) - 2
- NSD (Norway) -1
Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies is indexed and abstracted by:
- Cabell's Dictionary
- ReadCube Discover
Follow us on Twitter
Please note: Merging of titles
Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies merged with the Research in Accounting in Emerging Economies (RAEE) book series in 2016. Please contact the Editors if you would like to submit research to Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies.
Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Accounting, Finance & Economics eJournals Collection. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Emerald Accounting, Finance & Economics eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. More on Emerald's approach is available in our Publication Ethics guidelines.