> Emerald journals
> Journal of Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Development Information
Watch the Editor, Dr Ana Pereira Roder's TEDx Hamburg talk on How Cities Become Resource Efficient.
The Journal of Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Development (JCHMSD) stimulates and encourages research devoted to the sustainable development of cultural heritage and to the positive contribution of cultural heritage management towards a sustainable environment.
JCHMSD develops the skills and knowledge of the international community working in the field of cultural heritage and sustainable development. It disseminates the results of innovative research and practices, contributing to the improvement of current practices while developing and applying new/emerging practices.
- A range of theoretical and practical papers based upon quantitative and qualitative methodological approaches.
- Articles are particularly welcome on immovable cultural heritage and its role in sustainable development, as well as the sustainable development of immovable cultural heritage. Immovable cultural heritage ranges from cultural landscapes to monuments. Other relevant dimensions of cultural heritage will also be considered for publication e.g. rural cultural heritage, indigenous cultural heritage management.
The coverage of the journal includes, but is not limited to:
- Cultural heritage – assessment, management, marketing and publicity, tangible and intangible dimensions
- Sustainable development – preservation, conservation, restoration, rehabilitation, reconstruction, demolition, best practices, unsustainable development and consequent threats e.g. urban developments, large-scale agriculture, mining activity
- Cultural heritage and sustainable development – legislation, Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment, effects of climate change, ecological sustainability, social sustainability, economic sustainability
- The role of research and scholarship
- Teaching & curriculum development
- JCHMSD is the only journal linking cultural heritage management with sustainable development
- JCHMSD is the source of knowledge for the community of academics, practitioners, policy makers and students involved in the field of cultural heritage and sustainable development
- JCHMSD joins a large and varied community involved in cultural heritage and sustainable development (built environment, tourism, sustainability fields)
- JCHMSD is international: the challenging tasks of managing cultural heritage while aiming for sustainable development and managing sustainability while redeveloping cultural heritage are on all countries’ agenda.
Key Journal Audiences
- Academics and practitioners in the emerging field of cultural heritage and sustainable development
- Academics and practitioners in the fields of heritage, conservation, environment, urban planning, rural architecture, building surveying, place management, tourism
- Policy makers
- National, regional and local government officials.
The Journal of Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Development is Indexed and Abstracted in:
- Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List
- ABI Inform (from 2011)
- British Library
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities in Computer Science - Business Information Systems, Economics & Finance and Management
- EBSCO (from 2011)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) by Thomson Reuters;
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals
- ReadCube Discover
- Summon (from 2011)
Journal of Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Development is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Property Management & Built Environment eJournals Collection. For more information, please email email@example.com or visit the Emerald Property Management & Built Environment eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. More on Emerald's approach is available in our Publication Ethics guidelines.