The journal provides a dynamic forum for the advancement of accounting and business knowledge based on Shari’ah and Islamic activities that have an impact on the welfare of society. JIABR publishes articles on the interplay between Islamic business ethics, accounting, auditing and governance, in promoting accountability, socio-economic justice (adl) and everlasting success (al-falah). It seeks to inform, among others, current theoretical and empirical research and practice in Islamic accounting, auditing and corporate governance, management of Islamic organizations, accounting regulation and policy for Islamic institutions, Shari’ah auditing and corporate governance, financial and non-financial performance measurement and disclosure in Islamic institutions and organizations.
All styles of research, theoretical and empirical, case studies, practice-based papers and research notes that are well written and falling within the journal's scope, are generally welcomed by the journal.
- Development of accounting, auditing and corporate governance concepts based on Shari’ah
- Socio-political influence on accounting and auditing regulation and policy making for Islamic financial institutions and organizations
- Historical perspectives on Islamic accounting, auditing and financial management
- Critical analysis on issues and challenges on accounting disclosure and measurement, Shari’ah audit and corporate governance
- Controls and risks in Islamic organizations
- Financial and non-financial performance measurement and disclosure
- Contemporary issues and challenges in Islamic accounting, auditing and corporate governance practices as well as financial organization and management
- Issues related to Shari’ah Supervisory Board
- Islamic research methodologies
- Islamic business ethics and marketing
- Management, leadership, strategy and governance of Islamic business organizations
- Islamic banking, finance and takaful
- Islamic philanthropy, waqf, microfinancing, zakat
- Islamic jurisprudence, contracts, arbitration and product innovation
- JIABR is the only international journal that offers a platform for publishing both theory and practice of Islamic accounting, auditing and business research beyond Islamic banking, finance and economics.
- JIABR will keep you abreast of developing trends in the field.
Key Journal Audiences
- Established scholars and early career researchers interested in exploring ideas and practices related to accounting, auditing and corporate governance based on Shari’ah principles
- Professionals who work within accounting, legal and financial sectors
- Managers involved in Islamic business organizations
- Students pursuing studies in Islamic business ethics, accounting and auditing, corporate governance, Islamic banking and finance
Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business Research is Ranked, Indexed and Abstracted in:
- The Association of Business Schools' (ABS) Academic Journal Guide 2015 (the Guide)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- The British Library
- OCLC - Electronic Collections Online
- ReadCube Discover
Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business Research is available as part of an online subscription to the Emerald Accounting, Finance & Economics eJournals Collection. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Emerald Accounting, Finance & Economics eJournals Collection page.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. More on Emerald's approach is available in our Publication Ethics guidelines.