AUC School of Business case study competition
Emerald/El-Khazindar Business Research and Case Center (KCC) at AUC School of Business case study competition.
The aim of this competition is to encourage and promote the development of high-quality teaching case material related to business and management issues in the Arab region.
The total award prize pool includes $2,250 prize money. Prizes will be awarded to three cases ($1,500, $500 and $250).
Compulsory submission criteria
- All cases should be well-researched teaching cases based on a real situation in a real company, with a clear decision-making situation, and prepared in accordance with case writing guidelines provided in the instructional materials below.
- At least one of the case authors must be based at an academic institution in the Arab region.
- All case submissions that fulfil the criteria will be considered for international publication in our Emerging Markets Case Studies collection.
- Academic case-method articles will not be accepted for evaluation by the jury.
- Case studies submitted should not have been published before in their current or substantially similar form, or be under consideration for publication in any ISSN/ ISBN-registered publication or with any other case-centre.
- All case studies must be accompanied by a consent to publish release form which has been completed and signed by the management of the company or individuals included in the case.
- Please consult the competition evaluation checklist before submitting your case.
Enter the competition
Entries should be submitted to the KCC 2020 Special Issue at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/eemcs
All cases must be prepared in accordance with the Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies collection (EMCS) author guidelines. Page two of the guidelines contains instructions on submitting through ScholarOne Manuscripts.
The following documents must be submitted:
- Case title page
- Case teaching note
- Case release document from the management of the company or individuals included in the case (see Consent to Publish Form)
- Permissions documentation must be supplied for any content that is not of your own making, including tables and figures from other sources. Please read our permissions guidelines
- Full Harvard-style referencing must be used for secondary data sources
Cases will be automatically entered into the peer review process. Selected cases will be published in Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies [EEMCS] collection [ISSN 2045-0621]. By participating in the competition, you are automatically agreeing to having your case study published in EEMCS, providing it is accepted for publication after peer review and rounds of revision [if required].
- Case submission deadline: October 18, 2020
Guidance materials for authors
We reserve the right to publish the cases submitted for the competition. If the editorial team of our Emerging Markets Case Studies collection would like to publish a case submission, the editor will contact you with an offer to do so.
If we have not contacted you about publishing your case within twelve months of the submission deadline, we will waive its first claim to publication and you will be free to submit your case to another publication.
In the event of publication you will retain the academic freedom to contribute to the wider distribution and readership of your work. This includes the right to use your work as part of their own teaching.
Read about your author rights.