Special issue call for papers from International Journal of Emerging Markets
Due to the unprecedented recent events on the world financial stage, the editorial team of the International Journal of Emerging Markets has decided to extend the deadline of the following call for papers. We are inviting your further contributions, with a new deadline of 31 January 2009.
Guest Editors: John McManus and David Floyd
The credit crunch, increases in food prices and the oil crisis have all led to great uncertainty in the global economy. However, some countries have achieved higher growth whereas standards of living have been predicted to plummet in other economies. A special issue for International Journal of Emerging Markets sets out to analyse the following themes:
- The role of India, China and other emerging markets in insulating world economic growth from US financial crisis
- How the US financial crisis is affecting emerging markets
- Strategies for companies from emerging markets on how to cope with the current crisis
- Is there a role for China and India and other emerging economies in insulating the global economy?
- Should policies be domestic or global?
- How should emerging markets cope with the global financial crisis?
Types of paper
Both empirical as well as theory building papers will be considered. As the topic lies at the intersection of several scholarly domains, papers can draw from several different fields such as organisation theory, strategy, international business, technology and invasion management and business law. Aspects can also encompass other areas including entrepreneurship, operations research and organisational behaviour.
Submission guidelines and timeline
All manuscripts should be prepared according to the author guidelines located at: http://www.emeraldinsight.com/ijoem.htm
. All papers will be double blind reviewed following the journal’s normal review procedure.
Deadline for submissions: 31 January 2009
Prospective contributors with any questions about the acceptability of proposed topics are invited to contact the Guest Editors by e-mail: [email protected]