Emerald Backfiles quiz answers
Correct answers highlighted in bold/underline.
1. In 1898 the first issue of Emerald journal New Library World was published but what was the name of the soft drink named by Caleb Bradham in this year?
- Pepsi Cola
- Coca Cola
- Rola Cola
2. In 1899 saw first issue of the Emerald title British Food Journal published. Which famous American gangster was born in this year?
- Al Capone
- Al Smith
- Al Jones
3. Which English prime minister said ‘The farther backwards you can look, the farther forwards you are likely to see’?
- Tony Blair
- Margaret Thatcher
- Winston Churchill
4. In 1963 the first issue of Emerald journal Management Decision was published. What was the name of the first Beatles album released in the UK this year?
- A Hard Day's Night
- Please Please Me
5. In 1973 the first issue of Emerald title Strategy & Leadership was published. Which famous musician played a concert in Hawaii in this year that was watched by over a billion people live worldwide?
- Elvis Presley
- Elvis Lesley
- Elvis Costello
Congratulations to John Eliot, Lending Services Librarian, Australian Catholic University, who is the winner of the Emerald Backfiles quiz.
John tells us that winning the iPod Touch will make his commute to the library much more enjoyable!