Call for Papers: Marketing challenges in serving millenials
Special issue call for papers from Journal of Consumer Marketing
The Editor of Journal of Consumer Marketing invites practitioners, consultants, and academics to submit papers worthy of contribution to the literature for a special issue devoted to serving the group of customers known as millenials.
Over time, marketers have recognized the particular needs and characteristics of consumers. Changes in society have bred a sequence of consumers who are quite different from their parents and who challenge marketers to refine their practices to satisfy them. The latest group of consumers, millenials, seems to comprise consumers who have never been without personal computers, the Internet, or cell phones. They have different values, learning styles, communication habits and interests than the previous generation. Providing them with need satisfying products using appropriate communication strategies will require marketers to know them very well. It will require a departure from the traditional approaches to products and services, product benefits, distribution, communication, and pricing. Currently, there is little research in marketing focusing on millennials.
Possible topics will include, but are not limited, to the following:
How do millennials' values differ from previous generations?
- What is the best communication strategy to use to reach millennials?
- What changes will marketers need to implement in their products, promotions, distribution, and pricing to serve millenials?
- What are the service development issues for millennials?
- How should marketers listen for the voice of the millennial customer?
- What specific marketing research techniques are required to understand millennials?.
- What is the relationship between millenials and social media?
- Best practices in dealing with millennials.
- What [marketing] skills are needed to maximize efforts?
- How do you turn millennial marketing strategies into profit?
- How do you create/implement a profitable millennial marketing program?
- What role does technology play in serving the millennial customer?
- How does brand loyalty apply to millenials?
Papers may be the result of empirical research, comprehensive literature reviews, case studies, marketing practices, or thoughtful analysis. However, to be accepted for publication, all manuscripts must provide practical applications of material presented. Author guidelines and other information can be found on the journal homepage at www.emeraldinsight.com/jcm.htm.
Final manuscripts should be sent directly to Dr. Richard C. Leventhal by 15 June 2011.
All submissions should be sent via post to the Editor:
Dr Richard C. Leventhal
7678 Upham Street
Fax: +1 303 727 4038
Journal of Consumer Marketing is indexed and abstracted in
Emerald Management Reviews, Academic Research,Autographics, Business & Industry, Business Source, Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities in Management and Marketing, Collectanea Corporate, Current Citations Express, EP Collection, e-psyche, Expanded Academic Index, Galileo, General Reference Center, Innovative, ISI Alerting Services, Manning & Napier, MasterFILE, OCLC, Scandinavia, and Telebase.