Innovation in the Agro-food value chain
Special issue call for papers from British Food Journal
Special Issue of the British Food Journal
Professor Rosa Caiazza
Parthenope University of Naples, Italy
Dr Tiziana Volpe
National Research Center, Italy
Professor John L. Stanton
Saint Joseph’s University
Call for papers
This special issue intends to extend research on both technological (products and processes) and non-technological innovations (marketing and organization) in agro-food value chains (Oslo Manual, 2005). It aims to publish original research that summarizes, challenges or extends existing theory and identifies areas for future research.
The guest editors are seeking empirical and applied research articles, viewpoint articles, case studies and literature and general reviews which:
• summarize and integrate both technological (products and processes) and non-technological innovation in the agro-food industry
• challenge or test previously published research on innovation in the agro-food industry
• assess innovation in the agro-food industry through qualitative or quantitative analysis
• identify weaknesses and/or limitations in extant research
• suggest an agenda for future research studies
All the papers will be subject to the standard double-blind review procedure of the journal after a preliminary selection by the guest editors.
• Manuscripts should be between 4,000 and 7,000 words (including references and appendices and allowing for figures and tables) and formatted according to the journal author guidelines.
• Submissions must be received by 30th October 2015 via the online submission system Scholar One Manuscripts: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/bfj.
• Authors should indicate that the manuscript is for this special issue by selecting this from the dropdown list on Scholar One Manuscripts.
For further information
Please see the journal homepage or contact the lead guest editor Professor Rosa Caiazza.
References and further reading
Caiazza R., Volpe T., Audretsch D.B., 2014, Innovation in Agro-food System: Policies, actors and activities, Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy, Vol. 8, n.3, pp. 180–187
Caiazza R., Volpe T., 2014, Agro-food firms’ competitiveness: Made in Italy in the world, International Review of Management and Business Research, Vol. 3, n. 2, pp. 1790-1796
Caiazza R., Volpe T., 2013, How Campanian SME can compete in the global agro-food industry, Journal of Food Products Marketing, Vol. 19, n.5, pp. 406–412
Caiazza R., Volpe T., 2012, The global agro-food system from past to future, China-USA Business Review, Vol. 11, n.7, pp. 919-929
Oslo Manual, 2005. "The measurement of scientific and technological activities." Proposed guidelines for collecting and interpreting innovation data. OCDE.