Managing Enterprises in the 21st Century
Journal of Enterprise Information Management - Special Issue
The Journal of Enterprise Information Management (JEIM) of Emerald Group Publishing invites manuscripts for a special issue entitled 'Managing Enterprises in the 21st Century'. Business enterprises in the 21st century world rely heavily on leveraging knowledge for intelligently managing their people and processes and thereby effectively achieving their goals. These new enterprises are transcending conventional contours of management in thinking, practice and physical boundaries. Aided by new technologies, every aspect of the modern enterprise is evolving. This special issue is an attempt to capture the dynamics of change in enterprises across business domains. The endeavor here is to create a platform for researchers to share their outputs with their fellow researchers and practitioners.
The journal contributes to the normative literature, providing conceptual and practical insights underpinned by innovative findings that add to the body of knowledge. JEIM publishes research findings from internationally distinguished experts. Scholarly examinations of the latest theory and practice from the foremost research institutions are augmented by contributions from senior business managers and consultants, who report on specific enterprise case experiences that promote the learning of others by comparing and contrasting environmental settings. This blended contribution of theoretical and practical outcomes results in an extensive communication of commercial findings and audience understanding of current, applied and rigorous information management that spans an enterprise and its rich supply chains.
Following are the envisaged areas that this special issue will focus on, where empirical papers are sought that offer thorugh a robust methodological perspective an enquiry into:
• Knowledge management for competitive advantage
• Factors affecting human resource retention within organizations
• Trends and issues in ICT adoption and diffusion
• Customer centric enterprises
• Role of IT tools in logistics and supply chain management
• Talent management and workplace productivity
• Organisational architecture of learning organization
• Customer relationship management and the role of ICT and KM tools
• Organizational values and their creation process
• Social media practices and penetration
• Different approaches to big data analysis
Paper Submission Deadline: February 15, 2016
Paper Review: April 15, 2016
Revised Paper Submission: June 15, 2016
Review & Paper Decision: July 30, 2016
Guidelines on Submission:
The papers submitted for this special issue of the JEIM will initially be filtered by a Guest Editor and then submitted for rigorous review by a qualified team of academicians. Successful papers will need to demonstrate a clear academic challenge together with a robust methodological approach to be considered for this special issue during the peer review process. All works need to be original.
Please visit the Journal of Enterprise Information Management author guidelines pages to find out more about the manuscript requirements.
Submissions to the Journal of Enterprise Information Management are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts, the online submission and peer review system. Registration and access is available through http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jeim
Please feel free to discuss your manuscript ideas with any of the following guest editors:
- Dr. Sanjay Kumar Singh, Abu Dhabi University, Abu Dhabi, UAE Email: [email protected]
- Dr. P. Vigneswara Ilavarasan, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India Email: [email protected]
- Prof. (Dr.) Ramanjeet Singh, Amity University, India Email: [email protected]
- Prof. Yogesh K. Dwivedi, Swansea University, UK Email: [email protected]