Benchmarking and Modelling through Industry 4.0
Special issue call for papers from Benchmarking: An International Journal
*Indexed in the Emerging Sources Citation Index and Scopus*
Professor Surya Prakash Singh
Department of Management Studies
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Submission deadline: December 31, 2018
Service and manufacturing industries have changed significantly in the recent years, resulting in new manufacturing concepts such as Industry 4.0. Industry 4.0 has shown great potential to transform traditional manufacturing systems into advanced manufacturing and service systems providing effective and efficient production, planning and control. It can boost industries in making effective and precise decisions. Industry 4.0 enables the manufacturing of the right products/services in the right quantity, to be delivered to the right place for the right customers in the right time with right manufacturing costs, while keeping the environment safe. Industry 4.0 provides an innovative platform for manufacturing and services industries to design novel methodologies for future manufacturing, future procurement, and future logistics - a step towards next generation supply chain management. The objective of the special issue is to address the following questions:
• How can we benchmark industries through Industry 4.0?
• How can Industry 4.0 enhance production, logistics, and procurement in manufacturing and services industries?
• How can Big Data or IoT be linked with Industry 4.0
• What are the key technologies empowering the IoT?
• How can Industry 4.0 be used for smart manufacturing?
• How can Industry 4.0 be used for social manufacturing?
• How can Industry 4.0 be used for responsive manufacturing?
• How can Industry 4.0 concepts be used in other areas of business organization?
• What are efficient and effective techniques to model Industry 4.0?
• How can manufacturing and services firms utilize Industry 4.0 concept to gain competitiveness?
• How should we design Industry 4.0 for next generation supply chain of manufacturing and services industries?
All submitted papers should address issues related to the theme of the special and also fall within the scope of Benchmarking: An International Journal. This special issue will focus on publishing original research papers addressing the theme of the special issue. Case research that builds and validates theory in various contexts can be also considered. Various methodologies applied in the submitted papers may include quantitative or qualitative models, survey-based empirical studies, and case studies. Other topics not covered above but focusing on Industry 4.0 and its extensions can be also considered for the proposed issue.
In preparing manuscripts, authors are asked to follow the Author Guidelines available on the journal homepage at http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/bij.htm.
To submit your paper online you must first create an author account at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/bij then follow the on-screen guidance which takes you through the submission process. If you have any queries about the submission process, please contact the journal’s Publisher, Claire Jackson, at [email protected].
Submission deadline: December 31st, 2018