Call for papers: Journal of Intellectual Disability and Offending Behaviour
Editor in Chief:
Professor Edward Chaplin
The Journal of Intellectual Disabilities and Offending Behaviour (JIDOB) welcomes papers from academics and practitioners involved in researching or supporting people with intellectual disabilities and/or neurodevelopmental disorders who are involved (or in danger of becoming involved) with the criminal justice or forensic health systems.
JIDOB publishes articles on the latest international research and policy, as well as being a vital source of practical advice about working effectively with these groups who often fall in the gap between mainstream and forensic services.
We welcome submissions on topics including (but not limited to):
- the nature of intellectual, learning and developmental disabilities and neurodevelopmental disorders and offending behaviour – recent research, epidemiological issues, the nature and type of offending and cross-cultural comparisons
- treatment approaches – what works?
- diagnostic issues
- risk assessment and management
- needs and views of service users and carers.
The journal will consider the following article types:
- Research, policy or practice papers – these are subject to double anonymous peer review.
- Book reviews –these will be reviewed by a member of the editorial team.
- New for 2023 – commentary articles – a shorter article type allowing the author to demonstrate an evidence-based opinion or commentary on a relevant topic. These articles are subject to review by a member of the editorial team.
Submissions are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts. Registration and access are available by clicking the button below.
Author guidelines must be strictly followed.
Submitted articles must not have been previously published, nor should they be under consideration for publication anywhere else, while under review for this journal.
If you would like to propose a topic for a future special issue of the Journal, please get in contact with the Editor-in-Chief, Professor Edward Chaplin: [email protected]