Emerald Publishing introduces new and improved employee benefits
10th July 2023
Following an internal review of what is important to their employees, Emerald Publishing has announced a suite of new and improved employee benefits to add to their already generous employee benefit package.
Understanding that there is more to life than work, Emerald wants their employees to feel more in control of juggling their work and personal responsibilities. With an established remote/hybrid workforce, relevant work-life balance benefits are more important than ever.
In January 2023 Emerald introduced a working from home allowance, paid directly to employees monthly, but it was recognised that more could be done, and have now introduced the following new benefits:
- Summer Fridays – employees can now embrace the weekend early with the office now closing at 1pm (UK time) every Friday until September 2023.
- A new peer recognition programme – giving employees the opportunity to show their appreciation of the efforts and input of their peers, beyond simply saying thank you or well done, with an on the spot £10 monetary amount.
- Health related events – supporting colleagues health, beyond standard sickness policies, with targeted support plans.
- Further enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave – increased entitlements across all global locations supporting the well-being of their employees and their growing families.
- Employee assistance programme – extended provision to include a virtual GP and second medical opinion service, providing additional support to help maintain a healthy work-life balance and well-being
Katy Snell, People Director at Emerald Publishing said:
With increasing living costs, listening to our employees to find out what is important and responding to them, no matter what life-stage they are at, is central to being a supportive employer. We will continue to regularly review all our benefits to ensure they are relevant and working as well as they should be for our organisation and people.
Earlier this year, Emerald was recognised as part of #Flexa100 – the top 100 most flexible companies to work for in 2023, ranking number 38 in the list with a Flex Score of 88%. They were also shortlisted for the 'Best Support for Remote Workers' awards, in 2022, recognising their fully flexible hybrid working policy which has been in place since 2021, and continues to support Emerald employees to develop both personally and professionally today.
Emerald Publishing provides a range of publishing services to help researchers tell their stories in a meaningful and timely way, providing innovative tools and services to build confidence and capability in impactful research. As a proud signatory of DORA, Emerald is committed to establishing new pathways to impact, making research more accessible, and helping communities make decisions that change their world for the better.
For over 50 years Emerald’s core purpose has been to champion fresh thinkers and help them make a difference so that little by little those in academia or in practice can unite to bring positive change in the real world. Emerald Publishing is proud to be Highly Commended for the Alison Morrison Diversity and Inclusivity Award in the Independent Publishers Guild's Independent Publishing Awards 2023.