AABS/Emerald case writing competition
Enter our case writing competition, in partnership with the Association of African Business Schools, with a focus on African emerging markets. Be in with a chance to win up to $2,250 and to have your case published globally.
Competition status: Open for entries
Closing date: 16 October 2022
Publication: Emerging Markets Case Studies
Emerald Publishing and the Association of African Business Schools (AABS) welcome high-quality teaching cases to this joint case writing competition.
The aim of the competition is to encourage and promote the development of high-quality teaching case material relevant to the realities of dynamic and emerging economies and at the same time promote the development of case-writing capabilities in those countries.
Award & publication
The total AABS/Emerald award prize pool is worth over $2,250, including $1,000 to the winner and $500 each to two runners up!
We also consider all submissions for international publication in Scopus-ranked Emerging Market Case Studies (EMCS).
Best case award & best case proposal
This competition features a prize for the best case award and best case proposal which will be open to submissions on any business and management topic in line with the requirements of the EMCS journal. There is a prize of $1,000 for the best case award and $250 for the best case proposal..
Your case should:
- Have a developing and emerging markets focus from Africa
- Be written by authors based at African higher education institutions
- Be based on a real situation in a real company
- Be a teaching case, we cannot accept academic (research) cases
- Not have been published before in its current or substantially similar form or be under consideration for publication in any ISSN/ ISBN-registered publication or with any other case centre.
- Meet the standard EMCS author guidelines (more below).
- Include a completed and signed consent to publish release form.
- Your case will be automatically entered into the peer-review process. Selected cases will be published in the Scopus-ranked EMCS collection (ISSN 2045 0621). By participating in the competition, you are agreeing to publish your case study in EMCS, subject to acceptance for publication after peer review and revisions (if required).
Enter the competition
To enter the competition, you will submit your case study through the Emerging Markets Case Studies collection on ScholarOne Manuscripts.
Closing date: 30 September 2022
Select ‘AABS 2022’ from the options.
Your entry should include: case study, teaching note, title page and consent to publish form.
Best case study proposal
The authors of both proposals will participate in a series of mentoring support sessions from members of the EMCS team to help them develop their proposal into a fully developed teaching case and teaching notes.
- Checkers Sixty60 case proposal
Prof Martin Butler, Ms Tasneem Motala, Ms Adwoa Opoku-Nyarko and Mr Justin Siljeur – all authors at the university of Stellenbosch Business School
- Ukheshe: Pivoting a fintech enabler from B2C to B2B and internationalization strategy
Philasande Sokhela at the Johannesburg Business School
Get in touch
If you have any questions about the case study competition, please contact our cases publisher Melissa Close using this form.