Journal of Property, Planning and Environmental Law – Open Call for Papers and Special Issue Proposals
The Journal of Property, Planning and Environmental Law publishes original legal research contributions for the benefit of scholars, policy makers and practitioners in these areas, including those operating in the fields of legal practice, real estate, place management, housing, environmental regulation and land use planning. It is an established, well-regarded journal; international in scope and with a commitment to comparative legal studies, the journal publishes scholarly legal articles dealing with the application of law in these areas as well as theoretical and policy orientated research. We are happy to accept articles taking a doctrinal approach as well as those engaging with empirical and socio-legal research.
JPPEL brings together scholarship from the inter-related areas of property, planning and environmental law, as well as a diversity of methodological approaches. The journal seeks to encourage new, interdisciplinary ways of examining how law (in its widest sense) shapes how places and spaces are conceived, made, used, owned, operated, managed, transacted, changed, harmed and/or eliminated. We are particularly keen to encourage contributions from fields such as legal geography, regulatory studies, political ecology and law & technology scholarship that explore the role of law in place-related matters. To give an illustration of the breadth and importance of the subjects that we cover, here are some of the themes that our published articles have examined over the last three years:
- Situating real estate law for the new outer-space economy
- Transitioning towards circular systems: property rights in waste
- Blockchain technology in Dutch land registration
- The law and policy on coastal damage in New South Wales, Australia
- Regulatory failure in hotel projects in Bali, Indonesia
- Land expropriation in China
- Legal frameworks for Syrian urban reconstruction
- Developments in the law of repair in the UK private sector
- Civil liability for nuclear operators in the United Arab Emirates
- Logics of value in community ownership of UK pubs
Submit to the journal
To submit your research, please visit the journal’s ScholarOne website.
If you have any questions about the submission process, please contact a member of the JPPEL Editorial Team:
Jill Dickinson (Property Law)
Michael Poulsom (Property Law)
Special issue proposals
We are also seeking special issue proposals. If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please contact Clare Lehane ([email protected]) for a special issue proposal form.