Smart Sustainable Supply Chains for Improved Environmental Quality Management
Overview of special issue
This special issue aims to attract the research community working in the area of sustainability to present their research on one or more of the aims. Though, the contributions which cover the aspect of environmental quality management are highly welcome. The academicians, researchers, and relevant agencies are encouraged to submit their original papers. Both quantitative and qualitative research, conceptual papers and structured literature review papers can be submitted. This special creates a dialogue for future research in the domain of environmental performance.
The special issue aims to address following research contexts:
- Smart technology enabled strategies for enhancing environmental performance in the supply chain.
- Barriers and challenges faced by supply chain stakeholders in improving environmental quality and performance.
- Adoption of smart technologies in improving environmental quality and performance in a supply chain.
- Use of traceability technologies in reducing wastage at various stages of the supply chain
- Business models based on smart technology enabled supply chain improving environmental quality and performance.
- Address Green/sustainability/reverse logistics/circular economy perspectives.
- Decision models/empirical analysis and other suitable qualitative-quantitative methodologies in improving environmental quality and performance in supply chain in a digital economy.
- Industry 4.0 technologies such as Big data analytics, Blockchain, Internet of things, enabled supply chains in improving environmental quality and performance.
- Role of different stakeholders in improving environmental quality and performance in supply chains.
- System approach and complexity perspectives in improving environmental quality and performance in supply chains.
List of topics
- Blockchain technologies for sustainability in supply chains.
- Traceability technologies for circularity in supply chains.
- Smart technology based circular economy practices.
- Data driven approaches for sustainable decision making in supply chains.
- Agent based approaches for implementing AI in green supply chains.
- Product servitization models for sustainability in supply chains.
- Sustainable business models driven by technology in agriculture supply chains.
- Smart Technology integrating frameworks for enhanced environmental performance.
Please submit your manuscript using the MEQ ScholarOne page.
To see our Author Guidelines, please click here.
Authors should select (from the drop-down menu) the special issue title at the appropriate step in the submission process, i.e. in response to “Please select the issue you are submitting to”.
Submitted articles must not have been previously published, nor should they be under consideration for publication anywhere else, while under review for this journal.
The deadline for this special issue is 31 March 2022.