You can publish an open access article in this journal
The International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IJIEOM) is an academic, peer-reviewed journal focused on the diffusion of articles in the field of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management. IJIEOM is published on behalf of IEOM Society International.
The International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IJIEOM) aims to publish high-quality papers in the field of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management to serve as a platform for academics, researchers, scientists and practitioners to exchange innovative ideas and share experiences to bridge the gap between the industrial engineering and operations management theory and its application to solve the most current problems and challenges faced by 21st-century organizations and societies.
IJIEOM’s scope covers academic research and industrial issues/applications related to fundamentals of various industrial engineering and operations management topics which include, but are not limited to:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business and Process Excellence
- Construction Management
- Data Analytics
- Decision Sciences
- Energy and Resource Efficiency
- Facilities Planning and Management
- Healthcare Systems
- Manufacturing Applications
- Human Factors and Ergonomics
- Industry 4.0
- Inventory Management
- Knowledge Management
- Lean and Six Sigma
- Logistics, Transport and Traffic Management
- Modeling and Simulation
- Operations Research
- Production Planning and Control
- Project Management
- Quality, Reliability and Maintenance
- Service Systems and Service Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Sustainability and Green Systems
- Sustainable Manufacturing
- Systems Engineering
IJIEOM intends to provide a platform for researchers, academics, professionals, industry consultants, policymakers, and senior executives working in the fields of industrial engineering and operations management to disseminate state-of-the-art knowledge and information and to learn from each other’s work.
IJIEOM endeavours to publish high-quality original papers, case studies and empirical research. Special Issues devoted to current and important topics in industrial engineering and operations management will occasionally be published. Design, planning & control and improvement strategies based on industrial engineering and operations management methods and techniques of both theoretical and practical nature are welcome. Besides the traditional manufacturing sector where IEOM philosophies, principles, methods and tools have been widely applied, articles that deal with specific industrial problems in a variety of other sectors such as service industry (e.g. IT, transportation, distribution, logistics, etc.), public services (e.g. healthcare, defense, etc.), process industry (e.g. oil and gas, energy production, mining, etc.) and education are encouraged.
IJIEOM operates a double-blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for peer review, articles will then be reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess their suitability for publication. The final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the journal editor.
The journal (IJIEOM) is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of IEOM Society International, which owns the title. IJIEOM is published under a platinum Open Access (OA) arrangement, and so all charges for publishing an OA article in the journal are funded by IEOM Society International. Therefore, there is no charge to the author. All articles published in The International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management are published under a CC BY 4.0 licence. For further information on licencing please see the author guidelines.
University of Derby, UK
- Jose Arturo Garza-Reyes
University of Derby, UK
- Walid Khalid Walid Al-Saad
Universidad de Monterrey, Mexico
Lawrence Technological University, USA
Aston University, UK
University of Costa Rica, Costa Rica
Xiamen University Malaysia, Malaysia
Federal University of Parana, Brazil
University of Sistan and Baluchistan, Iran
Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
London Metropolitan University, UK
University of the West of England, UK
Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Mexico
Kuwait University, Kuwait
North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University, US
MDI Gurgaon, India
University of West Bohemia, Czech Republic
IESEG School of Management, France
- Fernando Gonzalez Aleu
- Chris Tutill
Journal Editorial Office (For queries related to pre-acceptance)
- Kevin Leslie Dsilva
Supplier Project Manager (For queries related to post-acceptance)
- Subha Arounkumar
This journal is included in the following abstract and indexing services:
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Summons (ProQuest)
Transparency Statement for International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management
- Journal Ownership: International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of IEOM Society International.
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by IEOM Society International. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double-blind peer-review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage here. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows: Chris Tutill – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by IEOM Society International. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of Interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal publishes four issues per annum.
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/manm under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by IEOM Society International.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising.
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by IEOM Society International unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was prepared by Beth Murray (Emerald Publishing) on 30 March 2022.