You can publish an open access article in this journal
Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing and Special Equipment is an academic, peer-reviewed, fully open access journal that aims to attract original research papers and review articles.
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
The scope of Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing and Special Equipment (JIMSE) covers all technologies developed and studied for design, analysis, manufacturing and operation of Intelligent Manufacturing and Special Equipment mentioned above, which include:
- Digital design and manufacturing
- Theory, method and system of intelligent design
- Intelligent processing, intelligent monitoring and control
- Modelling, operation, control, optimization and scheduling of manufacturing system
- Manufacturing system simulation and digital twin
- Industrial control and industrial internet of things
- Safety critical equipment and reliability assessment
- Special equipment and intelligent robot
- Pressure vessels, petrochemical equipment
- Automotive systems and electric vehicle
All articles are published open access, so are made freely available at no charge to the author.
JIMSE is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of UK-China Joint Intelligent Center of Special Equipment and Robotics LTD, who owns the title. JIMSE is published under a platinum OA arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an OA article in the Journal are funded by UK-China Joint Intelligent Center of Special Equipment and Robotics LTD. Therefore, there is no charge to the author.
These are the latest articles published in this journal (Last updated: October 2023)
Top downloaded articles
These are the most downloaded articles over the last 12 months for this journal (Last updated: October 2023)
Transparency statement for Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing and Special Equipment
- Journal Ownership: Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing and Special Equipment is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the UK-China Joint Intelligent Center of Special Equipment and Robotics LTD.
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the UK-China Joint Intelligent Center of Special Equipment and Robotics LTD. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double-anonymous peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows: Eva Chen – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the UK-China Joint Intelligent Center of Special Equipment and Robotics LTD. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal currently publishes 2 issues per annum
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the UK-China Joint Intelligent Center of Special Equipment and Robotics LTD.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising.
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the UK-China Joint Intelligent Center of Special Equipment and Robotics LTD unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was updated by Eva Chen (Emerald Publishing) on 16th Feb 2020.