You can publish an open access article in this journal
Established in 1999 by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University in collaboration with Tsinghua University, China Accounting and Finance Review (CAFR) is the first refereed journal of accounting and finance published in China. For more than 20 years, CAFR has been publishing original articles that have implications for accounting and finance issues in China. To keep abreast of latest developments in research, CAFR welcomes submissions of research papers covering topics related to contemporary accounting and finance issues for all countries or regions outside of China. CAFR now publishes global, rather than just China, topics.
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
Established in 1999 by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) in collaboration with Tsinghua University, China Accounting and Finance Review (CAFR) is the first refereed journal of accounting and finance published in the Greater China Region. For more than 20 years, CAFR has been publishing original articles that have implications for accounting and finance issues in China. All subject areas in accounting and finance, and research methodologies, including empirical, analytical, behavioural, conceptual, or experimental, will be considered.
To attract more high-quality publications, starting from this year CAFR welcomes submissions of research papers and literature review papers with topics related to contemporary accounting and finance issues for all countries or regions outside of China. CAFR also encourages comparability studies (of special interest are replications of prior China or US studies using data from other countries), or applying fundamental analysis of accounting information for capital markets around the world. CAFR now publishes global, rather than just China, topics. Since 2019, CAFR has been rated "A" in the Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List and indexed in the Australian Research Council (ARC) and American Economic Association (EconLit).
These are the latest articles published in this journal (Last updated: October 2023)
Top downloaded articles
These are the most downloaded articles over the last 12 months for this journal (Last updated: October 2023)
Transparency Statement for China Accounting and Finance Review
1. Journal Ownership: China Accounting and Finance Review is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
2. Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
3. Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
4. Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage here. Queries may also be directed to Emerald Publishing Services team as follows:
Serena Tsai: Publishing Services Manager – [email protected]
5. Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
6. Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
7. Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
8. Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
9. Frequency: The journal publishes four issues per annum
10. Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - China Accounting and Finance Review | Emerald Insight under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
11. Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
12. Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising
13. Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
14. Originality: Any manuscript you submit to this journal should be original. That means it should not have been published before in its current, or similar, form. Exceptions to this rule are outlined in our pre-print and conference paper policies. If any substantial element of your paper has been previously published, you need to declare this to the journal editor upon submission. Please note, the journal editor may use Crossref Similarity Check to check on the originality of submissions received. For further information on originality, please see our editorial policy & originality guidelines.
15. Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the The Hong Kong Polytechnic University unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was prepared by Serena Tsai (Emerald Publishing Services) on 26 October 2023.
This journal supports the UN Sustainable Development Goals
As a leading social science publisher, we're passionate about leading change, and align everything we do with the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Our core area of focus is interdisciplinary research aligned with the SDGs, with four key goals in mind – Fairer society, Healthier lives, Responsible management, and Quality education for all – all of which are about creating real-world impact, at a time when it's needed most.