You can publish an open access article in this journal
National Chung Hsing University; Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan (HEEACT), Taiwan
National Taiwan University; Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan (HEEACT), Taiwan
- Professor Fu-Hsing Lu
Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan (HEEACT), Taiwan
- Sally Fang
Publishing Services Manager
- Judy Yeh
Journal Editorial Office (For queries related to pre-acceptance)
- Purnima Joshi
Supplier Project Manager (For queries related to post-acceptance)
- Ananthi Anandhan
Editorial Board (Domestic)
Graduate Institute of Education, National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan
Department of International and Comparative Education, National Chi Nan University, Taiwan
Department of Education, National Taipei University of Education, Taiwan
Department of Education, National Chengchi University, Taiwan
Research and Planning Division, Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan (HEEACT), Taiwan
Department of Industrial Education, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan
Graduate Institute of Arts and Humanities Education, Taipei National University of the Arts, Taiwan
Institute of Professional Development for Educators, National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan
Graduate Institute of Education, Tunghai University, Taiwan
Graduate Institute of Educational Administration and Policy Development, National Chiayi University, Taiwan
- Distinguished Professor Sheng-Ju Chan
Editorial Board (International)
Higher Education, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
School of Education, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Nottingham Malaysia, Malaysia
Faculty of Education, The British University in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Faculty of Education, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Department of Education Policy Studies, Pennsylvania State University, USA
William Yat Wai
School of Education, Durham University, UK
Department of Arts and Education, School of Education, Deakin University, Australia
Michael S. C.
Ozford Institute of Higher Education; Institute of Certified Management Accountants, Australia
- Professor Ming Cheng
This journal is included in the following abstract and indexing services:
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Education Database (ProQuest)
- Google Scholar
- ERIC (Education Resources Information Center)
- ISSN Directory of Open Access Scholarly Resources (ROAD)
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Central Basic (Korea)
- ProQuest Central Essentials
- ProQuest Central Student
- Publicly Available Content Database (ProQuest)
- Social Science Premium Collection (ProQuest)
- Summons (ProQuest)
Peer-reviewed journal on Higher Education quality assurance and development, as well as general practices. Published in association with Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan (HEEACT)
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
Higher Education Evaluation and Development (HEED) is a scholarly refereed journal that aims to encourage research in higher education evaluation and development, raising standard of evaluation research and sharing the discoveries worldwide. HEED is receptive to critical, phenomenological as well as positivistic studies.
The journal would like to publish more studies that use hermeneutic, semiotic, ethnographic or dialectical research as well as the more traditional studies based on quantitative surveys and in-depth interviews and focus groups. Original papers, research outcomes, case studies, and reviews are published through this platform.
Papers that have empirical research content are particularly welcome. The editor especially wishes to encourage papers on:
- Reported research results, especially where these assess the impact of quality assurance systems, procedures and methodologies
- Theoretical analyses of evaluation initiatives in higher education
- Comparative evaluation and international aspects of practice and higher education policy
- Quality assurance and standards monitoring of higher education development
- Student engagement and learning outcomes in higher education institutions
- Any related to quality assurance, evaluation and higher education policy and development backed up by research evidence
All articles published in HEED are published Open Access under a CC BY 4.0 licence.
HEED is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan. HEED is owned by the Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan. HEED is published under a platinum OA arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an OA article in HEED are funded by the Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan. There is no charge to the author.
Since 2017 HEED has been published in partnership with Emerald. Previous issues can be found here.
These are the latest articles published in this journal (Last updated: May 2023)
Top downloaded articles
These are the most downloaded articles over the last 12 months for this journal (Last updated: May 2023)
These are the top cited articles for this journal, from the last 12 months according to Crossref (Last updated: May 2023)
Transparency statement for Higher Education Evaluation and Development
- Journal Ownership: Higher Education Evaluation and Development is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan.
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan. The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows:
- Judy Yeh – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan. There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal currently publishes two issues per annum
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/heed under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan.
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was updated by Judy Yeh (Emerald Publishing) on 16th Feb 2020.