You can publish an open access article in this journal
The Journal of Research in Innovative Teaching & Learning is an academic, peer-reviewed, open access journal focusing on innovations in teaching and learning that inform organizational practices and educational policies. Published by Emerald on behalf of the National University, California.
This journal is open access
Aims and scope
The Journal of Research in Innovative Teaching & Learning (JRIT&L) aims to publish the best theoretical and empirical research on innovations in teaching and learning that will inform organizational practices and educational policies and have the potential to make a considerable improvement in teaching and learning.
JRIT&L embraces action-oriented, applied research that can have an immediate or long-term impact on the design, delivery, and assessment of educational practices and policies, governance, and tourism. The journal aims to attract original knowledge based on academic rigour and of relevance for academics, researchers, professionals, and/or public decision-makers.
JRIT&L builds on the goals and mission of its predecessor (JRIT) to reflect the dynamism in the conceptualization, delivery, and assessment of education. JRIT&L publishes top, peer-reviewed theoretical and empirical research on individual, organizational, social, and international topics in the field of education (both higher and secondary).
Published bi-annually, JRIT&L focuses on innovations in teaching and learning that inform organizational practices and educational policies. Action-oriented, applied research is particularly encouraged. JRIT&L uses double-anonymous peer review and is published by National University, a private, non-profit institution serving the public good.
Since 2017 JRIT&L has been published in partnership with Emerald. Previous issues can be accessed here
All articles published in JRIT&L are published Open Access under a CCBY 4.0 licence.
The journal is published by Emerald on behalf of National University. The journal is owned by National University and is published under a platinum OA arrangement, in that all charges for publishing an OA article in the journal are funded by National University. There is no charge to the author.
These are the latest articles published in this journal (Last updated: May 2023)
Top downloaded articles
These are the most downloaded articles over the last 12 months for this journal (Last updated: May 2023)
These are the top cited articles for this journal, from the last 12 months according to Crossref (Last updated: May 2023)
This journal is aligned with our quality education for all goal
We believe in quality education for everyone, everywhere and by highlighting the issue and working with experts in the field, we can start to find ways we can all be part of the solution.
Transparency statement for Journal of Research in Innovative Teaching & Learning
- Journal Ownership: Journal of Research in Innovative Teaching & Learning is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the National University (USA).
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the National University (USA). The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows: Chris Tutill – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the National University (USA). There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal currently publishes 2 issues per annum
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/jrit under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the National University (USA).
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the National University (USA) unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was updated by Chris Tutill (Emerald Publishing) on 16th Feb 2020.