You can publish an open access article in this journal
The Journal of Blood Service Economics is an academic, double-blind, peer-reviewed journal, publishing research from business, health, and public-policy disciplines, to advance knowledge of the U.S. blood and plasma industry to ensure a safe, affordable, and sustainable blood supply. Published on behalf of Commonwealth Transfusion Foundation (CTF).
The Journal of Blood Service Economics (JBSE) publishes double-blind, peer-reviewed research in blood system relevant business disciplines such as economics, finance, management, marketing, entrepreneurship, logistics and supply chain, and data analytics. JBSE also accepts health and public policy-related research relevant to the blood and plasma industry.
Though primarily focused on the United States blood system, international research papers will be considered that are comparative in construction or clearly impact, either directly or indirectly, the United States blood and plasma industry.
The journal welcomes empirical based research as well as case studies and commentary/viewpoint. The title covers but is not limited to:
- Blood service industry
- Blood supply chain
- Blood banking landscape
- Plasma industry
- Patient blood management
- Transfusion safety
- Regulatory Policies on Blood Banks/Blood Market
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Blood Banks
JBSE is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of Commonwealth Transfusion Foundation (CTF), who owns the title. JBSE is published Open Access under a CC BY 4.0 licence, and as such all charges for publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by CTF. Therefore, there is no charge to the author.
Commonwealth Transfusion Foundation - USA
- Dr. Robert Carden
Troy University - USA
- Dr. Judson Edwards
Auburn University - USA
Blood Assurance - USA
Phoenix Center for Advanced Legal and Economic Public Policy Studies - USA
LifePoint Health - USA
Alliance of Community Transfusion Services - USA
Troy University - USA
- Dr. Randy Beard
- Valerie Robillard
Journal Editorial Office (For queries related to pre-acceptance)
- Kevin Leslie Dsilva
Supplier Project Manager (For queries related to post-acceptance)
- Abinaya Jegadhesan
This journal is included in the following abstract and indexing services:
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Summons (ProQuest)
- World Cat
Transparency statement for Journal of Blood Service Economics
- Journal Ownership: Journal of Blood Service Economics is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Commonwealth Transfusion Foundation (CTF).
- Governing Body: The editorial team is appointed and managed by the Commonwealth Transfusion Foundation (CTF). The journal is governed by the editorial team in collaboration with Emerald Publishing.
- Peer Review Process: The journal operates a double blind peer review model. All articles undergo an initial assessment by the journal editor. If they are considered suitable for consideration, articles will then be a reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers to assess suitability for publication. Final responsibility for editorial decisions rests with the Editor-in-Chief of the journal.
- Editorial team/contact information: Contact details for the editorial team can be found on the journal homepage here. Queries may also be directed to Emerald’s Publishing team as follows:
Valerie Robillard – [email protected]
- Copyright: All articles in the journal are published Open Access under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY-4.0). This allows authors to retain copyright of their work whilst others can share, use and build upon this work created as long as appropriate attribution is given.
- Author Fees: The journal is published under a Platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Commonwealth Transfusion Foundation (CTF). There are currently no Article Processing Charges to the author(s).
- Allegations of Misconduct: All journals published by Emerald are members of and subscribe to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics. In the event of any allegation of research or publication misconduct the publisher and editor will adhere to COPE guidelines in dealing with such allegations.
- Conflicts of interest: Authors are asked to declare any financial or ethical conflicts of interest upon submitting their work to the journal. Difficult cases will be referred to the Committee on Publishing Ethics (COPE) for advice.
- Frequency: The journal publishes three issues per annum
- Access: All journal articles are published Open Access on EmeraldInsight.com - http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/aea under a CCBY 4.0 licence (please see section 5).
- Revenue sources: The journal is published under a platinum Open Access arrangement, in that all costs associated with publishing an Open Access article in the journal are funded by the Commonwealth Transfusion Foundation (CTF).
- Advertising: The journal does not accept direct advertising
- Archiving: Emerald provides perpetual access for all e-journal content by working with digital preservation schemes Portico, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS.
- Direct marketing: On occasion the journal will use direct marketing activities (primarily email campaigns) to raise awareness of the journal and to invite authors to submit articles. Marketing activities are conducted by the Commonwealth Transfusion Foundation (CTF) unless otherwise agreed with Emerald.
This statement was prepared by Beth Murray (Emerald Publishing) on 27 June 2022.